Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Incredible India - just not quite right

Have decided to post daily "funnies" about life in India. Two for today as I missed yesterday.

Went to the new food court near the office, which happens to have a KFC. Ordered the set meal (sandwich, fries and drink) and was waiting for my food. The girl who took my order comes over and says "sorry sir, we're out of fries what else would you like." I told her I was fine waiting for them to cook some more, to which she replied "no more fires". They were out!!! A fast food restaurant had no more fries.....my friend and I were in such shock we just laughed...only in India

And today we went out to do laundry and discovered that the dryer plug has melted. Not sure how this has happened, but worried about the rest of the wiring.

If I can will copy the front page article from yesterday's paper on the religious ceremony where they throw babies from the roof of a temple and catch them in blankets. Only one missed and landed with a dull thud.....

4 comments:

chris said...

did one really die?

globaljunkie said...

Didn't die just landed with a thud. Minor injuries per the paper but who knows. They actually ran a photo of a baby mid-air.

chris said...

and what exactly does this do for them?

BS and the Kids said...

Scary, scary, scary. Anyway, the beauties of living out of America. Whenever I travel abroad, I am only so glad to return to "the land that I love". I don't know how you do it.