Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Corporate America

Finally into the swing at work and learning that politics don't run corporate America, system failure does. For instance, where would you see a company release a new software program and train everyone on it just to remove it within one week; only in corporate America. (Microsoft excluded. They're the only company who would release useless software to the masses and still charge $500+). System failure I can assume costs companies million's of dollars per year. System failure is prevalent in communication errors where if someone would just repeat themselves twice you wouldn't receive ten cases of an item but just the 10 individual units that you wanted originally. System failures are also rampant in antiquated technology that corporate America insist that my 686 PC can run Windows XP. My favorite system failure has to be purchasing your own product, that you sold to another competitor, back at a premium.

On the bright side I love my job, not just the benefits. I love that I am no longer at the will of others and their schedules. I am now able to be at home at night. I love not being tied to a desk. I also like that fact that I get a salary. I also love that I am now able to return to school for that all elusive college degree.

Until next time Q.

2 comments:

globaljunkie said...

When did you become such a cynic?

Bowb said...

Why would you want to go back to school and get back into the system just to have it fail you?

I like system failure. It's called job security.