Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hitting a Fox

Brett is convinced that while driving home on Friday night from the Jazz game, going 70 mph on the highway, that he crushed something. He said the buddies he was with saw it about 1 second before he did, and he saw it just in time to grip the wheel steadily. Luckily he did, otherwise, if he had tried to swerve, he probably would have flipped the car. His car is beat up. It cracked the grill on the front of the car. He said his car smelled like fried animal, plus it also starting smoking. He is afraid he cracked his radiator. He pulled up to the first stoplight and his car started shaking violently. I can't believe all this damage could be done by a fox. It will cost us a pretty penny to have it fixed. Maybe now we should just call him a "Foxy Lady".

6 comments:

D-Man said...

Going 70 mph would do a lot of damage no matter what he hit. It's all about the law of physics. If it was a perfectly inelastic collosion, then momentum would have been conserved. You could probably figure out how much energy the car had when he hit the object. But I digress. I'm sure the fox is worse off for wear too. Just glad no one got hurt.

Amanda said...

Oh my husband is such a nerd, I love it! I bet I stopped reading before you did...this is about all I got - "It's all about the law of physics blah blah blah blah." Good thing I don't have to take that class, I probably wouldn't learn much. But that's just me. It's no fun to have to pay for a broken car, it's also no fun to hit something like that. I'm convinced that I hit a dog (my friend that was following me thinks it was a cat) on my way to my friend's house a couple months ago, it shook me up pretty bad - but it wasn't near as bad as this.

chris said...

I hit a fox in the forest in Switzerland one night. It was very sad, but didn't do any damage to the car I was driving, which is a good thing, since I didn't know the owner. I think I was hitchhiking and talked this young guy into letting me drive home since he lived close to me.

BTW, you should only have to pay your comprehensive deductible.

BS and the Kids said...

Yeah, comprehensive deductible of a cheapskate, which is atleast $1000. BTW, what were you doing hitchhiking in a forest in Switzerland? Physics is interesting, but I don't think that fox is alive, no matter how much energy the car had.

globaljunkie said...

more likely a deer, a doe, a female deer, not to be confused with ray, a drop of golden sun. or me, a name I call myself or far, a long long way to run.

BS and the Kids said...

It would seem to be more likely a deer, but they said it wasn't very tall, and they all agreed it had a bushy tail. The damage to the car was all pretty low. We think it tried to run across the highway, hit the middle median (a big cement wall) and turned to go back. Brett has tried to find it while driving along the highway, but we haven't seen much of anything.