Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Heimlich really works

So last Sat. Kade comes running in with Danny, quite frantic. Daniel is choking on a penny, lips turning blue, trying to gasp for air. As I'm yelling for Kyrie to call 911 I start to try to dislodge the dang thing. I wasn't sure how hard to squeeze on him since he is so little. The paramedics were on the way and I was really starting to panic. Finally turned him sort of upside down and did the back smack thing and out it popped. Whew. I felt like I had run a marathon, adrenaline pumping, and very shaky. I always hopped I'd never have to use that, but am glad it worked and Danny is still with us.

2 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

SCARY!!! Maybe you should take a CPR course. I am sure your neighbors are loving you already having the ambulance show up on your doorstep. Sarah

BS and the Kids said...

By the way, we are glad he is alright. Now you know what it is like to be in a code situation.