Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Elementary School Math + Me = Duh...

So I've invited myself to this little party...hope you all don't mind. I'm at Dan's work at the moment. He's talking to people about eyeballs, and I'm doing homework from which I need a break...

Otis has 12 coins in his pocket worth $1.10. If he only has nickels, dimes, and quarters, what are all of the possible coin combinations?

This is one example of my math problems so far this semester in my Math for Elementary School Teachers class. They're manageable (not easy, just manageable) but by the time I get to the point of figuring out the easiest way to solve the problem, I've had to figure it out the long way first, and then go back and look at it to see the obvious (and easier) way to do it. My brain hurts. I've done too many of these already in the past two weeks. Dan just recommended that I call Johnny for help. Which I may end up doing eventually...Also, my teacher is frightening. She made a girl cry the other day.

Other than that things are going well. This semester is going to be tough for both of us. Probably more-so for Dan. It's only the second week into it and we are both pretty stressed out already. We'll survive. Hope everyone is doing well! Have a good night.

1 comment:

BS and the Kids said...

Calling Johnny is one of your best bets. I can't believe your teacher made a girl cry. How sad. Hang in there the both of you. School can run you ragged, but it is only a small step in your life journey I have now learned---and I didn't learn that in school. spn.