Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Church in LA can be a star studded event

So, we had our primary program today which is combined with the Westwood 1st ward. Go to sacrament and am watching this older man in front of me thinking, "This grandpa sure isn't very reverent." He was swinging his arms in a batting fashion, waving, all but talking out loud to the kids on the stand. At the end of the program I realized, "Oh my gosh. That is Larry King." He was there to watch his boys in the program and was getting a bit antsy at the end, even lying his head down on the pew in front of him. He was taking his boys to their ballgame right after the meeting. His wife has obviously had some work done, well, that was my first thought when I saw her before I realized who she was. Then looking closer I was like, ummm, yeah, lots of work.

Which brings me to our next "celeb". Dr. 90210 He is really mormon and he is in the 1st ward and maybe he did her work?

3 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

Dr. 90210 and Larry King. What an event. Cracks me up. I would much rather have the celebs that we have had show up in our ward in the "valley". . . Elder Nelson and Elder Oaks. That seems to bring a little more reverence to the meetings.

chris said...

Jacob's primary teacher is Pres. Faust's granddaughter. The guy conducting the meeting today looked like he was 17. I asked a friend, who the heck is conducting? Apparently he is around 33 and an actor who has been in numerous commercials, and is in the bishopric, long hair in the eyes and all. There are models, editors, film producers, ect. When in LA? It is definitely an interesting place to be, even at church.

BS and the Kids said...

What is this guys name by chance? I had a friend who went to Israel with me who went into movie producing, but don't know if he stayed in it, his dad did Legacy, and The Testaments, name: Dagen Merrill. I may have to come check church out one of these days.