Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cancun Bound

Well after one of the longest, coldest, snowiest and dreariest winters in recent eastern Idaho memory, the Rigby branch of the Lackey clan has decided to take a week off of work and go to Cancun. It snowed on Thursday and again on Saturday. Really hasn't warmed up here yet, but next week is looking promising.

We are staying a little to the south of the Hotel strip (the strip being Cancun proper) in the town of Puerto Morales. There should be fewer spring breakers, lots of sun, white sand beaches and Puerto Morales has smaller waves and gentler seas than Cancun, making it a better place for Lucas to play in the waves.

(Sorry to sound like a sales brochure but I thought the deal quite good)

We found a round trip all inclusive (includes all meals, snack, beverages etc) trip to a 4 star hotel (for the 3 of us) for $2100.00 and you could probably find a trip for 2 to the same hotel for around $1600.00, or $1300 for a 3 star hotel.

Here are some pictures of the hotel that we are staying at pictures here and here . We booked the trip through Columbus Travel. If you want to come along I can can give you the agents contact name. But you need a passport. Airfare was $420 each round trip. Not too shabby.

See you on the beach!

Oh, I also took a new job and rented a little office space in Rigby (I start April 7th). I'll have a new cell phone here soon and will let you all know the number shortly.

7 comments:

globaljunkie said...

Can't believe you taking a 2 year old to an all inclusive spring break resort. Guess they start those Brazilians young. You should trade with me haven't seen snow in years.

BS and the Kids said...

I love the pictures. It looks so nice. I think Linda, Taylor and Jody stayed there when it opened up a few years ago. Let us know how it goes. I am so jealous, we keep getting more snow. I think March has forgotten how to go out like a lamb.

Amanda said...

Oh that looks heavenly. As much fun as our cruise was, I kinda wish we would have known about this deal before! It's a bit more expensive I think, but it looks awesome! You guys will have so much fun!

Seriously, the weather here is ridiculous...I almost needed a shovel to get all the snow off my car this morning. grr...

jabberwock said...

John,
In Brazil we start them young playing in the surf and sand. In your house you start them young dropping the F-Bomb.

globaljunkie said...

who said anything about the f-bomb? At least she will be street savvy...may look to cancel June trip for now as new house requires some major work. Will let you know when/if I get it rescheduled.

jabberwock said...

It's called EXAGGERATION for an alliterative point.

globaljunkie said...

what's alliterative? you mean like an alliteration? or should you say aliteraciĆ³n?