Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Florida or Philly

We're still waiting and waiting and waiting some more to decide where we will end up. Trying to iron out the details of contracts is agonizing at best. It also seems like every time we turn around something changes, someone wants more money than they originally said, or things are a little bit different than they were said to be. I suppose this happens with every employment opportunity and there comes a time where you just have to bite the bullet or take a plunge. The kids and I would really prefer to move to Florida and even Wade says he would prefer the weather, lakes, and beaches there. Although, I did have a dream about being stuck in a swamp surrounded by alligators last night. Not pleasant. Being eaten alive has to be a horrible way to die. Sharks, bears, alligators, mountain lions, all of those things with sharp teeth and claws made to rip flesh make me nervous.

10 comments:

Bowb said...

I'm thinking that a storm that floods and kills is a more serious problem then things that have teeth and claws. I for one never want to be in the middle of a hurricane, but I guess you lived in Bama and dealt with that already. But then again beaches and bikinis won't be that bad for Wade.

chris said...

hahaha The only good thing about the beaches and bikinis is the melanomas that come with the territory. We have plenty of skin showing here in Cali as it is.
Winter Haven actually doesn't get hit by that many hurricanes compared to a lot of Florida. Of course, it only takes one big hit, but I'm not so worried about that as I am the gators in the lake behind the house.

globaljunkie said...

so who's asking for more money? not sure you all would like philly...

chris said...

The guy in Florida had a practice evaluation done and would now want a cool 1.5 million in a year to buy the practice. Way above what we thought he wanted. Then maybe 750K in 2 years. Not sure what is going to happen. Am going to Philly this weekend.

The Lackey Legend said...

Dear Chris,

Boy, for a cool 2.25 million I would sale my practice also. They are only worth how much someone will give him. Does that include his accounts receivable? Tell him he can keep them as a lot are uncollectable. How much would it cost to set up your own practice? When they try to sale them they see big bucks. How much is equipment and how much is blue sky. Be wide in your decision. Luv MOM Have a safe trip.

globaljunkie said...

didn't realize you were looking to buy a practice. I'm setting up a business in Bangalore that is only going to cost me $20k and we're looking at potential upside of $1mil. I'll let you buy me out in a year at $2.5....enjoy philly, the city of brotherly love, as long as you dont get mugged or murdered. why doesnt Wade just hang his own shignle out and start from scratch?

chris said...

I'm not sure of the particulars. Wade is going to speak with the man who did the practice evaluation. He said something about owner financing the cost over 5 years or something, but I still think that is too high of a price. I can't see anyone paying that much for a practice when some people are giving them away. So, again, we are stuck not knowing what is going to happen. I guess we always have a back up at UAB.

BS and the Kids said...

Please be wide (like mom said) in your decision and consider the west.

chris said...

Why are you setting up something in Bangalore? I thought you were moving from there? Are you currently unemployed?

BS and the Kids said...

Yeah, what is up with that in Bangalore? I thought you were going back to Singapore.