Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Foregivenss, Chris?

Last week, I labeled members of the Mormon church who supported California's Proposition 8 as "un-American." I believe Proposition 8 is counter to the promise of our Constitution; it is codified discrimination. But everyone has a right to vote their conscience — nothing could be more American. To say members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints who contributed to Proposition 8 are "un-American" creates more division when the time calls for respectful disagreement. No one should use "un- American" lightly or in haste. I did. I should not have. Sincerely, Tom Hanks”

8 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

Did you email him and ask for a personal apology or something? Doesn't sound very sincere to me.

chris said...

Hardy har har. Tom Hanks would never apologize. He doesn't get it so he will remained black listed by me.

chris said...

Funny I didn't see this story on Drudge or Big Hollywood, had to read it on Pat Dollard. Like Sarah, I don't find an apology that includes a "but" statement seems very sincere. Surely he was simply worried about the possibility that we un-American voters would quit spending money on his product. Still won't waste my dollars on him.

globaljunkie said...

let he who is without sin cast the first stone. you need to re-read miracle of forgiveness. such rank hypocrisy.

chris said...

I'm not calling him a sinner John. I'm saying I don't want to give him my money because I don't agree with his ideology. Big difference.

BS and the Kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BS and the Kids said...

No, that's BIG LOVE, not Big Difference. Or just Big (as in movie)

globaljunkie said...

still hypocrisy.