Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008





Today we left the house to a mama moose walking down the street with her two babies. The kids were pretty excited. Well later that evening I was babysitting my niece Brinley and she wanted to see the dogs(suzie and daisy this week). So Alyssa and Logan took her down to the back yard on the east side by the deck. About 1 min later Bro. Hyde came by with his camera and asked if a saw the moose go down into the back yard just minutes before. I took off running down back after the kids. They were down by the dogs and the moose and babys were down in the raspberries. The mother was staring at us so I just picked the kids up and got out of there. The moose stayed around for a couple of hours eating cherries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, and much to Truman's dismay the grapes. We made a bunch of noise but they weren't going anywhere. I had some neighbors on the deck taking pic's with us. I'm not sure were they went but currently found their way back to the moose garden of eden and I am afraid by tomorrow (when fish and game are going to move them) there will be nothing left. It really is quite inviting, we have water, fruit, and shade. I do wish they would just eat the raspberries instead of laying in them. Christian is going to be sad come harvest time. I cannot find my camera and so all I have is my phone camera. When I get the pics off of it I will post them. I tell you between the skunks, deer, and now moose, I may as well be camping up here. I am grateful to the skunk who has sprayed all the animals for taking mercy on Chet last week when he met him right out the front door. He flipped his tail up but did not spray. Lucky Lucky man

4 comments:

globaljunkie said...

where's your gun when you need it? Moose steak, yummie!!! I don't remeber animals ever coming down and camping out like that.

D-Man said...

I do remember a cougar coming through when I was going up, but that's about it.

chris said...

Wow. Were the dogs going crazy? Chet is lucky. The skunk I ran into had a full tank so to speak and left me fragrant for weeks.

BS and the Kids said...

I wonder if that was the same moose that was hanging out at Brent's and Christians last year when we were on the slide. That is crazy that they were so close to the house. Thanks for the post.