Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Chester!!!!

I guess you now realize that you are the age your mother was when we all moved to Idaho approx. 30 years ago. You were only two and quite a handful! I know everyone tells you that you were the "unwanted" child but that is by no way true. I just was not quite ready to be pregnant again at that time but I soon learned that that was what Heavenly Father wanted me to do. In fact you and Truman are amost exactly two years apart, further than any of the others. And because Dad had moved to Sedalia and I was still in Waynesville trying to sale a home, and with the four other children I was induced about three weeks early. I had gone up to visit Dad and was staying in a trailer with these four little ones that would not leave the phones alone, we still had operators that would answer them when picked up back then. All I wanted to do was have a baby so finally Dr. Stockwood decided he could induce me. I know I was not in labor very long and when it was time for your delivery Dad was busy at the office and could not come over so I delivered alone, again. He came over soon after delivery and as I was nursing you for the first time I had been talking to Dad, not paying much attention to you, and when I looked down you had turned blue. Dad called for the nurse and a stethoscope. The nurse took you back to the nursery where they removed a mucous plug from your nose and you were fine after that. You had these long eyelases. dark hair and blue eyes, I thought a really pretty baby. We did go back to Waynesville for a few days but by June we had moved to Sedalia where Dad bought us a home so we could move all together. You were a good baby and always happy. Happy Birthday to you and may your children bring you as much happiness as my children bring me. Luv Mom and Dad

2 comments:

chris said...

Who tells him he was unwanted? I wanted a sister, but he was pretty enough that I could dress him up and pretend. Happy Birthday Cheddar Cheese!!!

D-Man said...

Dude, happy birthday...