Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

I Know I Look Young, but COME ON!!!

so the boys and I ride our bikes to school a couple of times a week. Danny sits in one of those seats behind me hooked to my bike. All of the schools have crossing guards at the main roads around them (for some reason they are all african american, heck I think it would be a pretty decent job, two hours twice a day during the school year, anyways, thats another subject) back to my story. For some reason the new crossing guard at one intersection told us we had to walk our bikes across the street. We've been riding since the beginning of the school year and nobody else has ever said that. I kind-of gave her this look like, "What, why". She said, students have to walk their bikes in the cross walks. Kade and Jake got off and I just gave her this look and she says, "are you a student?" Come on. This is a school for K-8th grade. I know I look young, but 13? Plus I had Daniel on the back of my bike.

2 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

A ton of the moms around here are on waiting lists to be crossing guards. I think they make decent money and figure they have to be around for their kids anyway. It is hard to miss days though. I don't think they have fill in crossing guards.

BS and the Kids said...

You do look young, but you don't look that young. She must not have been paying attention.