Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Brazilian JiuJitsu and the Aquarium of the Pacific

Kade and Jacob have started Gracie style jiu jitsu lessons at the Beverly Hills JJ club. The family that owns and operates it is from Rio. It is where the likes of Vince Vaughn and Guy Ritchie train. They are really enjoying it. Daniel even runs around and "plays" while they are in class and the owners don't care. It is pretty cool.

Yesterday the boys and I went to Long Beach to the Aquarium. It was a lot of fun. We got to see and touch manta rays, sharks, birds, and a ton of fish and living coral. Then we took a 3 hour tour out onto the ocean and went whale watching. We actually saw a fin back whale. Unfortunately he/she wasn't feeling too social and we chased it around for a while but never got really close to it. The boys had a good time though and the sunset was beautiful. We froze a bit but still way worth it. Next time, note to self, bring jackets.

9 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

My brother-in-law and girlfriend are heading down that way for one day, the day after Thanksgiving. They want to know what they should do. She wants to hit H & M for sure and thought about Disney, but I told her she would be crazy. Any suggestions?

chris said...

H&M the store? I used to shop their in Switzerland. Yeah, I would avoid Disney like the plague. The Aquarium was good, the zoo has a new gorilla exhibit. Do they have kids? The California Science center is free. It's a bit like the McWayne Center you went to with us in B'ham, but not as much hands on to do. They should eat some Pinkberry frozen yogurt. They could do the walk of fame in Hollywood, Universal probably wouldn't be as crowded as Disney, there is also Knottsberry Farm or Magic Mountain.

BS and the Kids said...

brother-in-law and girlfriend. I sure hope that don't have kids. H&M the store, she loves it, and says the prices are fab.

chris said...

okay, so i didn't really read the first part and comprehend it

chris said...

So my original post should say Vin Diesel not Vince Vaughn. Don't know what I was thinking. I don't think VV does stuff like that.

chris said...

So my original post should say Vin Diesel not Vince Vaughn. Don't know what I was thinking. I don't think VV does stuff like that.

BS and the Kids said...

Makes more sense. I was wandering what kind of training vv was taking, but not showing for.

Amanda said...

You were wandering? How fun. So I'm a goofus and I've been meaning to call you for days now...I didn't ever turn in our order for the food co-op this month. I had planned on it and didn't realize that it was due a week earlier because of Thanksgiving this month, so it never got turned in! Sorry!

The Lackey Legend said...

Ok, so I wasn't "wandering", I would look sort of silly.