Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Only in Idaho

While Chris and family is enjoying 85 degree weather Florida the weather service is predicting 10 inches of new snow for the bench areas of Pocatello, and around IF by Monday.

Last night as I went to get into my car to drive to the store there was a young man ice skating.......... up and down the ROADS OF MY NEIGHBORHOOD. Guess the roads could be called a bit icy.

UPDATE: In the front yard there is currently almost 10 inches and it is still falling.
UPDATE 2: Least a foot in the yard now and it is ground blizzarding. I've never seen the roads in my neighborhood this bad. 2-3 foot drifts everywhere. I had to pull a subaru out of a snowdrift on my way into the neighborhood tonight.

6 comments:

J and J said...

Thursday night we had a rainy snow and by the time we left from English for our walk home we could of ice skated also. I thankfully was holding on to dad and only went down on one knee but the guy behid us wasn't as fortunate. He fell keplun on his back. and yesterday it was solid ice every where so we stayed in but people were falling all around outside. Sister Beard fell and thinks she broke a finger and she has a bruise on her hip. Now about the Christmas tree that Q has. If I remember right I bought a prelite on in all white. Used it for one year as your Dad only tolerated it because I had it already up. The next year we got a colored lights one to please your DAD. Hence only need one tree, so other one got given away. We had a nice Christmas gathering tonight at one of the embassy worker's home. We will try to call everyone on Christmas Day there, maybe here. See how the time goes as the Elders will be over. Will be up at 3:00AM to hear the bowl game. Talk to you later Luv M

chris said...

Wade's flight into SLC was cancelled last night when they closed the airport to incoming traffic. He landed in Boise and drove into IF. Supposed to fly out on Mon. Hope he makes it!!!

globaljunkie said...

i woke up to a mini sand dune in my room. sand is blowing down from the Gobi and somehow making it's way into my bedroom. They predict snow today, but so windy I think everything will blow over.

chris said...

I would take the blowing snow over the blowing sand any day. How is it getting into your house?

globaljunkie said...

so after two days of sand on the floor I finally decide to call the management company to come and look. only then does Pris fess up and admit it's some sort of cream she rubs on her tummy and legs at nitght, which then dries up and somehow collects in a pile on the floor like a little sand dune. A Cartman quote comes to mind....

chris said...

bawhahahaha...she must be using way too much if it is piling up