Featured Post

New Rules

1. No fake news.  2. No politics.  3. No religion.  All such post will be deleted. All old post that broke these rule have been removed.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

2010 Family Reunion

I vaguely recall agreeing to plan the next family reunion. I think I said, "I'll just plan it for in FL." Realistically, I know that isn't a possibility for everyone right now...so with that in mind...now is the time to give me your suggestions, places in SE ID and surrounding area, and ideas for what you'd like to do. I can tell you right now...camping is not my idea of fun and I will not plan a camping trip that doesn't have somewhere close by for me to stay with a cabin and hot shower. The week is the last of July. Let the creativity flow peeps.

5 comments:

jabberwock said...

My vote is for McCoy Creek or Big Elk Creek. We can mountain bike, water ski, pan for gold, fish and white water raft. Wimps can rent a cabin in Alpine or one of the various cabins around the lake if we stay at Big Elk.

http://www.starvalleywy.com/alpineinn.htm

My second suggestion is Flaming Gorge. Pretty much the same activities as above. Various really nice campgrounds on the lake a couple with showers. White water is much smaller and kid friendly. Class II+ tops. There are cabin rentals available in the area.

A little more than 4 hours from either Pocatello or Salt Lake.

My last suggestion is Zion's National Park over Spring Break ;)

Amanda said...

Last year my family went to Bear Lake and rented a condo. They were relatively close to the lake, there was a HUGE grassy area to play, a playground, swimming pool, and miniature golf . I don't know how much it cost, but I can try and find details if this is something that interests you. It was a lot of fun.

jabberwock said...

That would have been my other suggestion.... Bear Lake.

Qmann said...

Que and I went to Happy Valley with some friends years ago and it was a lot of fun. There are natural hot springs and ghost towns. You can pan for gold there too. That was great. I really liked going to Island park, that had a lot to do. Somewhere we can stay in a cabin, I will be having a small baby, and the kids really like boating.

globaljunkie said...

you should all come to asia. bear lake is COLD!!!!what about jelly stone? zion park or bryce to dust off those old camping memories. maybe we can get chris to participate in a rain dance.